Friday, April 24, 2020

Our Way of Life Needs Oxygen!




I’m looking for some hope-
I really need a lifeline.
I need a little room

or just a little more time.

Inhaling what’s left of freedom-
gasping like there is none to spare.
I’m struggling to breathe-
I think I need a little air.

It feels like this is it-
freedom's on its deathbed.
Saw this coming from afar-
fear fillin up my heart with dread

I’m searchin my own head-
I don’t understand this timeline
I need a little hope…
still lookin for a lifeline!

This pain just won't subside-
it burns just like my freedom did.
I miss my daily grind-
it was full of promises!

It seems my lifestyle's gone-
It up and went when freedom did.
I want this all to stop-
My heart aches like it’s wounded.

The struggle is so real-
so real, it feels like hope is dead!
I need an open space
but I’m locked up inside instead!

I know that there is time-
time to fight or at least to try.
I need a little push;
a reason to have a battle-cry

We’ve fought for this before-
Victory’s in the atmosphere! 
It’s time to fight again-
It’s now or never; the time is here!

It’s our right to RISE UP-
but I can’t succeed if others pass.
Let’s seize the American dream…
the air of freedom is depleting fast!

Don’t raise your white flag yet-
I’m standing here by your side.
Together we’ll prevail-
Let’s join forces as freedoms rise.

I know I'm right about this-
our inalienable Rights have been cast aside.
Let’s make this our last stand-
with one voice speak out; far-&-wide

We need freedom to breathe!
Our Way-of-Life needs oxygen!
As others wait-it-out….
Let’s seize the day; feel adrenaline!

As politicians played their games
And asked us all to stay home we caved!
I ask myself one thing:
“Are we the home of the free and brave?”

I’ve heard this said before, 
“My freedom doesn't end...where your fear begins”.
So, do what you must do
but for the American Dream I plan to RISE AND WIN!

WRITTEN BY RvH

Song Recommendation:
Awake and Alive
By:  Skillet




No comments:

Post a Comment